Invision Community

Lital Hute - Vienna

Dorette

Thank you posting the photos and information! It's interesting that the hat uses Vienna vs. Wien which probably means it was made for the US market. Is there a paper label behind the sweatband? It would behind the sweatband at the rear or sides (see example below). If there is a paper label could you please take a photo of it and post it here? Do you know if the business was started again in America? I will be on the look out for Lital hats and documentation.

4118531638_4f70f712b6.jpg

• 3 years later...

I have just resumed researching my great-grandfather's hat company, Lital, in Vienna. I will look into the info on the sweatband ASAP. What other kind of information would be of interest to this group? I have examples of hatboxdes as well as my great-grandfather's awards and patents for various hatboxes. I also have his "Arbeitsbuch" which lists his places of apprenticeship and work in Budapest and Vienna (1892-1899)

• 6 months later...

It takes me a long time, but eventuallyI get back to work! I finally looked inside the hat per your request. There is no paper label, or any thing else for thatg matter, under the leather band inside the hat. What does that mean? For some reason I was unable to upload a pictire. Even though I compressed them it still says its too big.

• 2 years later...

Lital Hutfabrik Wien, "Paris Grand Prix", Wool, 56 cm possibly late 1920s.  Great looking Form and the black Liner with gold print is striking. Also really like the contrasting light gray Sweatband. This Melone will be sent to Dorette's (Deb) sister Jeanne. Sigmund Lichtenthal the owner of Lital Hutfabrik Wien was their Great Grandfather. 

52626270587_ebd3e17f4c_h.jpg

52627264353_9da890fe8d_h.jpg

52627030944_7a8f04d0c4_h.jpg

52627253208_0c571c6b45_h.jpg

52627207420_c1aa54e950_h.jpg

52626774451_14004875a4_h.jpg