Johann Hückel´s Söhne - Hückel Hutfabrik Weilheim
Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:37 PM
Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:18 PM
The following photographed really shows the quality of the Alpha quality Seal Velour (close sheared with high gloss).
Posted 16 December 2017 - 03:16 PM
* 22.6.1885 (Nový Jičín)
† 12.1.1973 (Munich)
Austro, Austro-Cyclecar (1913 - 1914)
(1913 - 1914); Fritz Hückel; Neutitschein; Austria (after WWI Novy Jicin, Czechoslovakia)
Automobile plant of Fritz Hückel in Schönau (Novy Jicin) (1921-1936) for the production of the vehicle model GNOM
Posted 17 December 2017 - 12:52 AM
Afred Neubauer the first Mercedes Race Team Manager (he invented the position and also worked with Ferdinand Porsche) was from Neutitschein / Novy Jicin and a big (large collection) hat fan (friends with Fritz Hückel). His trademark was throwing his hat (probably a Hückel) in front of the winning Mercedes (see more details below).
Afred Neubauer (above in hat and his connection with Hückel below)
"The second factor that affected the young Alfred was also related to his fathers work. Karl did some work for a very wealthy Neutitschein family by the name of Hückel. At the end of the 19th century the Neutitscheiner Hückel hat factory was the biggest in Europe and was known worldwide. The company had a fleet of vehicles and the Hückel family garage had two steam cars and a prestigious Benz.
When Alfred accompanied his father to perform some carpentry work at the Hückel family home he met Fritz Hückel (22-6-1885/12-1-1973). Fritz was 6 years older than Alfred but they would became close, and life-long, friends. Once introduced to the chauffeurs the young Neubauer was soon learning more of the mysteries of early automobiles, it is said Alfred had an innate mechanical ability.
Later in life Fritz Hückel became a racing driver and passionate supporter of the sport. Alfred Neubauer was a great lover of Hückel head wear but also acquired a habit of celebrating victories by throwing his hat under the wheels of his winning machine. Luckily this friendship with Fritz Hückel meant the race director never had to worry about a supply of hats!
It might have been fate that the car that rolled through Neutitschein in 1898 was a Benz, life already marking out the path the young Alfred was intended to take. But Neubauer did everything he could to further the cause. He was totally engrossed in all things cars, nothing else interested him, including schooling! He enthusiastically collected everything he could find about cars. When he was a ten year old Alfred Neubauer bombarded the few European car factories with requests for catalogues, brochures and information. Alfred Neubauer had already decided that cars would be his life, it is said that his father and other local carpenters built Alfred, and the local children, small wooden cars which they raced against each other. The seeds of the Neubauer/Mercedes-Benz legend were already sown."
Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:40 PM
(Click on Photo to Expand)
This print arrived a while ago but I just got around to getting it scanned because it's too big (12 X 8 inches) for my home scanner. August Hückel was one of the original owners of J. Hückel ´s Söhne Neutitschein, Austria (after WWI Nový Jičín, Czechoslovakia). He had this house (building) built in Vienna in 1881.
Translation of the above article.
"The Goods and Residential House
of Mr. August Hückel
Corner of Heinrichsgasse, Concordiaplatz and Salzgries in Vienna.
By the architects' Claus and Gross
in clubs with the k. k. Senior engineer August Hückel
(For this purpose telephone number 63-66)
By the demolition of the former so-called salt-grief barracks. Building plots were created in Vienna, which are particularly suitable for the installation of residential and Waarenhäusern due to their location in a distinct business district.
Mr. August Hückel, manufacturer in Neutitschein, acquired the corner seat to the west of this newly created group against the Heinrichsgasse and the Concordiaplatz, which, incidentally, was so unfavorably parceled out that it had been unusually difficult to devalue a reasonably good I'lan for to create this construction site.
The client initiated a competition among some architects. The fact that all the plans had to show chic, irregular rooms as a result of the parcel figure was self-evident. We undertook primarily to redesign the parcelling, which considerably improved the basic form and created a more dignified, better situation with regard to the Concordiaplatz. This idea was submitted to the municipal council of the city of Vienna and finally found its approval after many efforts. The applause of the builder, however, she had won in the "mass. that it was mainly due to these circumstances that our plan was recognized as the best among the competitors, and that the construction was transferred to us.
The house, whose purpose is that of a residential and at the same time warehouses, contains a basement, ground floor, Untertheilung and four floors. The basement, the ground floor, the Untertheilung and the first floor are for business purposes, the three upper floors are used as living quarters. The business and warehouse rooms are interconnected by stairs and elevators, and are accessed both directly from the street through the sales vaults and from the two main entrances in the house.
On the ground floor is also the caretaker's apartment. From the two main entrances, one of which is accessible from the entrance to Heinrichsgasse and the other from the entrance to the salt marshes, one enters the apartments and, as has already been mentioned, also the business premises.
A part of the large court, which is delimited by iron-bound wooden walls and covered with a glass roof, serves as a commodity magazine.
A special value was on the way through. solid construction laid. For example, the basement, the parterre, the sub-division and the first floor are vaulted on traverses; the remaining ceiling constructions are made of wood.
All walls were covered with a layer of asphalt under the basement, and the outer walls of the lanes were covered with asphalt from the Isolirschichte to below the pavement.
The basement rooms were given a 6-inch concrete underlay and an asphalt pavement connected to the Isolirschichte.
The execution of the masonry took over Mr. Baumeister Alois Schumacher, who had to overcome very difficult foundations. In fact, groundwater had been found during the excavation of the foundation, which could only be pumped out with the help of locomotives in the longer term. It then had to be buried under all the foundation walls at a height of three feet, before it was possible to proceed with complete certainty to the construction of the masonry.
Despite this unwelcome delay, the construction, which began in April 1881, was passed on to its purpose in May 1882.
Among the executing forces are particularly to call: the companies A. Wasserburger, k. k. Hof-Steinmetz-master, and the First Austrian Door, Window and Floor Factory Company.
In addition to carpentry work, the latter also provided all the foot and parquet floors. The locksmith work, as well as the iron trusses was supplied by master locksmith Ludwig WiIheIm. The sculptural work was done by Mr. Johann Hutterer.
The paintings, especially of the vestibule, are very tastefully executed by the successors of Mr. Georg Gläser."
This is what the house (actually a building) looks like today.
* 17.6.1838 (Nový Jičín)
† 5.8.1917 (Nový Jičín)
businessman - hatter
nationality Austria, Austria and Hungary
an honorary citizen of the city 14.1.1910
August Hückel was a prominent industrialist, municipal politician, architect, and traveler.
In 1910 he was appointed honorary citizen of the town of Nový Jičín.
Son of Johann Albert Hückel. After taking over the hat factory, he and his brothers continued to develop their father's work. Their business soon became the leader of the entire industry in the Hapsburg monarchy. He became a patron of art, and in his life he gathered a large number of art collections. Part of it was dedicated to the Municipal Museum in Nový Jičín.
His wife became Angela, born Hosch (8. 6. 1848 Grybow - 6. 8. 1914 Karlovy Vary), daughter of Ferdinand Hosch. Their children were: Stefanie (18. 10. 1869 Nový Jičín -?), Hugo Johann Ferdinand (24. 5. 1871 Nový Jičín -?), Augustin Reiner František (30. 6. 1882 - 16. 5. 1934 Nový Jičín) and Friedrich Paul (22. 6. 1885 Nový Jičín - 12 January 1973 Munich).
August Hückel (* 1838 - † 1917) was a senior engineer and was involved in the construction of another magnificent building in Vienna. On the corner of the Salzgries and Heinrichsgasse streets in the historic center of Vienna, the construction of a five-story corner house started by architects Heinrich Claus (1835 - † 1892) and Josef Gross (* 1828 - † 1891) in August 1881 in cooperation with Auguste Hückel . In May 1882, the construction company of Anton Wasserburger completed a monumental building in a neo-historical style designed to serve as a business and residential house by Augusta Hückel. His architecture, in some details, recalls the construction of Hückel's villas, and it is quite possible that August Hückel had a share in designing them. The Vienna House became the home of several business firms such as M. Popper & Co., Kann & Weiss and others. The investment of funds has certainly paid off. However, the construction lost much significance after the First World War, when Austro-Hungarian Empire collapsed. New frontiers broke and disrupted economic and communication ties with the center of gravity of Central European trade. However, the house of August Hückel still stands in Vienna and Schweizer Pension is here.
Posted 05 May 2018 - 06:38 PM
An example of an early JHS Hat Hanging Cord. Also a unique sweatband. The leather color, finish and hand are fantastic.
Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:44 PM
Posted 21 June 2018 - 08:23 PM
Carl Singewald, Gera
1675 Hats from Gera The hatmaking business "Singewald" opened its shop for the first time in Gera. The hat fashion was to change over the centuries, but the Gera tradition store was still after the turmoil of World War II and there he was on the Sorge in the house number 44 to find.
Adress- und Geschäfts-Handbuch sowie Wohnungs-anzeiger der Haupt- und Residenzstadt Gera mit Untermhaus und Cuba, Volume 16, Carl Bethmann
Carl Singewald, Gera. The merchant Eberhard Singewald in Gera was eliminated by death. The company is dissolved. The merchant Günther Singewald in Gera is now the sole owner. 4-6791 05.
Regierungsblatt für das Land Thüringen,Landesverlag Thüringen., 1947 - Thuringia (Germany)
Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:34 PM
Hückel Weilheim "Chevreau"
2 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users