Invision Community

Hatmaking apprentices Budapest/Vienna-late 1880s

Dorette

I haven't posted in quite some time, but wanted to share my recent progress on the the history of my great-grandfather's hatmaking busiess, LITAL (Vienna). I have written a chapter about his apprenticeships in Budapest and Vienna (1892-1899) and would welcome feedback from readers. I could post the chapter here or email it. Not sure what the proper protocal is. I would be very interested in learnng where/how apprentices lived during their training as I have not found any information on this subject.

2 hours ago, Dorette said:

I haven't posted in quite some time, but wanted to share my recent progress on the the history of my great-grandfather's hatmaking busiess, LITAL (Vienna). I have written a chapter about his apprenticeships in Budapest and Vienna (1892-1899) and would welcome feedback from readers. I could post the chapter here or email it. Not sure what the proper protocal is. I would be very interested in learnng where/how apprentices lived during their training as I have not found any information on this subject.

Dorette,  Good to hear back from you.  Please post the chapter here.  I look forward to reading it and providing feedback.